S.S. Skikos Trucking, Inc. is a growing trucking company serving the California, Oregon and Washington corridor. Our home base is in Santa Rosa, California with an office in Eugene, Oregon. Our company is known for the great care we take with our clients and employees alike. We believe in quality, timely and professional service to each and every customer. We also believe we have an obligation to respect and support each employee and we demonstrate that daily. S.S. Skikos Trucking is located in Santa Rosa, California, about 50 miles north of San Francisco. Santa Rosa is a great place to work and live. The Pacific Ocean is only a beautiful one hour drive away. The Russian River and Redwood Recreational Areas are among the most popular vacation destinations in California, and are less than one hour from Santa Rosa.
We have immediate openings for quality truck drivers. As our business continues to grow, we look for excellent drivers to uphold the Skikos name and reputation.
We offer our employees the following benefits:
- Excellent compensation.
- Medical and Dental plan, 401K plan, profit sharing plan, and paid vacation.
- Latest model high tech ‘smart’ trucks, all with automatic transmissions.
- Dry, refrigerated, and tanker trailers that are well maintained.
- Majority of loads do not require drivers to load/unload merchandise.
- No tarping and strapping down of loads.
- Choice of Local and Regional loads.
- Training programs for new drivers.
- A balance between work and family.
- Class A commercial drivers license (valid and in good standing).
- Two or more years experience as a Class A truck driver preferred.
- Knowledge of maintaining DOT Drivers Log and company shipping records. We will provide training in our systems upon hire.
- Verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Requires climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, lifting overhead, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- Be available to make overnight runs as required by shipping needs, if acceptable to driver.
- Perform drop and hook on trailers, as needed.
- Must be defined fit for duty as determined by qualified health care professional.
- Able to work in weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold.
- Communicate with office personnel on any change in schedule or load.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with customers.
Why should you apply?
- Excellent benefits.
- Family friendly personnel.
- Opportunities for growth, training and additional responsibility.
- Both full and part time positions available, as well as local and interstate loads.
Military Veterans are welcome! (Drivers of all types – we can provide on-the-job trailing to selected applicants)